News Release Details
As the country addresses the mental health crisis impacting children and adolescents, Magellan offers its clinical monograph highlighting evidence-based research on the use of psychotherapeutic agents in children and principles for optimal children’s psychopharmacotherapy practice–that underpins its model of care for serving children, youth and their families. The monograph serves as a resource for providers, clients, parents and other stakeholders to be informed and support decision making on behavioral health treatment options for children and adolescents.
In the face of increasing rates of psychotropic drug prescribing in the treatment of young people, Magellan’s monograph provides an in-depth analysis and outlines the need for:
- Improved collaborative care for children’s behavioral health
- Increased use of non-pharmacologic interventions for youth in general and foster care youth in particular
- Consistent approaches to assessment, diagnosis, treatment, oversight and monitoring
- Active family participation and understanding of the child’s illness and challenges they face
“Magellan is proud to contribute this valuable compendium of information and research as we demonstrate a continued commitment to children’s behavioral health and addressing the national children’s mental health crisis,” said Magellan Healthcare Medical Director
- Nature and scope of the problem
- Children in foster care
- Controversies in clinical management
- Principles for optimal psychopharmacotherapy practice
- Research evidence for treatment efficacy of psychotherapeutic agents, including mood disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, disruptive behavioral disorders/aggression, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, developmental disabilities and eating disorders
- Drug treatment effects on nervous system development
This resource is available along with Magellan’s award-winning monograph, Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Children and Adolescents at High Risk: Foundations of a Model, which highlights evidence-based prevention and treatment approaches for problematic behaviors and various types of behavioral health challenges in children and adolescents. Both provide valuable insights and information to support the critical behavioral health needs of our nation’s children.
Learn more and access the monographs and overview documents at MagellanHealthcare.com/Monographs.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220322005264/en/