News Release Details
- More than one in five American adults was diagnosed with a mental health condition in 2021.1
- Webinar will feature mental health experts and an individual’s inspiring story of recovery from depression beginning in childhood.
FRISCO, Texas – April 21, 2023 – Magellan Healthcare Inc., the behavioral health division of Magellan Health, Inc., today announced free resources for Mental Health Month in May including a webinar on depression and recovery.
Webinar and Support Resources
- On Wednesday, May 3, from 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET, Magellan Healthcare and Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA), will host a webinar, "Depression is real. Recovery is possible”. Presenting will be Rakel Beall-Wilkins, MD, MPH, psychiatrist, and Jamie Hanna, MD, child psychiatrist, Magellan Healthcare medical directors; and Amanda Grace Krier, AAS, CPS, Magellan Healthcare youth support coordinator. To register, click here.
- During Mental Health Month, Magellan is also collaborating with Inspiring My Generation (IMG) in support of the IMG Encouragement Card Program. Through the program, individuals and groups make encouragement cards for adults and youth hospitalized in mental health facilities to bring them comfort and motivation in their recovery journeys. More information about how to participate can be found at InspiringMyGeneration.org and MagellanHealthcare.com/Mental-Health-Month.
- Visit MagellanHealthcare.com/Mental-Health-Month for more on the webinar, downloads, and other resources, including tips on recognizing, understanding, and managing emotions.
- Stay tuned to Magellan Healthcare’s social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) for information and tools addressing mental health.
- Visit the Magellan Health Insights blog for articles on mental health including recent articles on depression and dealing with emotions, authored by Dr. Rakel Beall-Wilkins who provides practical tools to address mental health struggles.
“At Magellan, we are privileged to share our knowledge and resources to support mental health in our communities across the country,” said Dr. Beall-Wilkins. “Everyone should know that help is available; nobody should have to struggle, fearful or alone.”
About Magellan Health: Magellan Health, Inc. supports innovative ways of accessing better health through technology while remaining focused on the critical personal relationships that are necessary to achieve a healthy, vibrant life. Magellan's customers include health plans and other managed care organizations, employers, labor unions, various military and governmental agencies, and third-party administrators. For more information, visit MagellanHealth.com.
About Magellan Healthcare: Magellan Healthcare, Inc., the healthcare business unit of Magellan Health, Inc., offers solutions for complex conditions in the areas of behavioral health. Magellan Healthcare and its subsidiaries serve commercial health plans, employers, state and local governments, and the federal government, including the Department of Defense. For more information, visit MagellanHealthcare.com.
About Medicaid Health Plans of America: Founded in 1995, the Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA) is the only national association that solely represents the interests of the Medicaid managed care industry. Through its advocacy and research work, MHPA supports innovative policy solutions that enhance the delivery of comprehensive, cost-effective, and quality healthcare for Medicaid enrollees. MHPA works on behalf of its 130+ member health plans, known as managed care organizations (MCOs), which serve more than 50 million Medicaid enrollees in 41 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. MHPA’s members include both for-profit and non-profit national, regional, and single-state health plans that compete in the Medicaid market. Visit medicaidplans.org for more information.